Monday, October 1, 2007

Winery review: Bimbadgen Estate, Hunter Valley NSW


I recently paid a visit to Bimbadgen Estate, in NSW's Hunter Valley. It was the first time I'd visited this winery but also possibly the first time I'd drunk their wines (although anything's possible). Not normally a pinot chardonnay fan I found myself enjoying their 2006 Estate Chardonnay and bought a bottle. The Semillon was also delightful - light and fresh and perfect drinking with chicken.

The restaurant is also excellent. We ate from a special menu but they offer tasting plates and a la carte. The tasting menu allows you to drink matching wines to enhance your dining experience - my favourite way to eat!

Bimbadgen is a beautiful estate nestled in a valley and a wonderful way to spend a foodie day :-)

No comments: