Monday, November 12, 2007

Restaurant Review: Customs House (Brisbane)




I was lucky enough to be included in a special dinner at Customs House in Brisbane last week.

We were served a goat's cheese tart as starter and I had the Salmon Nicoise as my main. Alas I couldn't eat the dessert strudel as it contained almond flour, but it looked nice! My salmon was a little overcooked for my taste, but that may have had something to do with us starting dinner later than planned. We certainly enjoyed the wine on offer, and it was plentiful!

Customs House is on the Brisbane River and can be reached by RiverCat. It is a part of the University of Queensland and is an historic building. They offer facilities for functions and events and their website is fairly comprehensive.

We had a great evening.

1 comment:

wed johns said...

For reasonable prices on luxurious items, Shop the Bay wants to be your online source bar none. These guys have a huge selection of fine women's apparel at the right price every day. 

shopthebay